Itchiness on legs, calves, thighs, dry skin, bumps, redness, bruises. Causes for symptoms?

Hello. I have been experiencing extreme itchiness on my legs, specifically my calves up to my thigh, combined with dry skin , bumps and redness, leading to scratching enough that my skin breaks. Just ths morning, I now see that I have developed bruises about 5 inches long along each of my outer thighs (IT band area). I do not recall running into anything. I have just started exercising again, but the itching predates this.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013