Itchiness, irritation in brow bone, cheek bone, swelling, husband has same symptoms. Infection?

I woke the other morning with itchy/irritated brow bone and cheek bone area on left side - also bit swollen. Lasted all day and was constant irritation. What can cause this? It s still slightly swollen but not as bad. Weird thing is, my husband woke today with similar symptoms. I ve not changed laundry detergent etc etc so could this be a virus/infection?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Since both of you like developed similar symptoms , it looks like you both have developed vector dermatitis.
This is basically a type of allergic reaction which develops due to crawling of an insect over the skin.
This mostly is seen over the exposed areas of the body.
It causes an allergic reaction which mostly develop overnight.
You need to use a topical steroid over the affected area.
Take oral antihistamines to bring down the allergy.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul