Itchiness in the private area, leave flaky skin on scratching. Will ring guard help?

hi, my doctor has stated that i might have a fungal infection on my scrotum area, but he could not check and confirm the same due to unavailability of a private nursing room. as suggested by him, i am using fresh neem water to clean my private areas for over a week now and have been applying vicco skin cream to the area. but the problem is still there and it gets really itchy during the nights. the small affected areas when scratched in my sleep leave behind dry flaky skin. will applying ring gaurd help me in this case?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012