Itchiness in eyes, had swelling on white portion on rubbing the eyes, no pain, causes discomfort on blinking. Remedy?

Hello doctor, this morning i woke up with extremely itchy eyes so i started rubbing them like i normally do, but then later on, i found that the white portion of my eye has swelled. its not painful, but it gets in the way when i blink. There isn t any change in my vision . Its only happened to my left eye. Please suggest what should i do.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Hi Crispy,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
It seems you have got some tiny insect or some chemical exposure in the affected eye.
Wash the eye liberally with tap water with eyes open to decontaminate it.
Take tablet Levocetirizine 5mg for three days, start as soon as possible.
Instill eye drops Moxif one drop thrice a day.
Wish you a great health!