Itchiness in back of throat. What is the skin that sticks out? Viral? Or cancer?

hi I am very very worried a am female of 23 and for last four days have been having itching sensation in back throat went to doctors and she said it looked like viral and she checked my ears but a have noticed at side throat tears itchy there bit skin that sticks out and on other side a have skin coloured lumps that go down back throat very worried as painting its cancer :(
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, please do not worry as the symptoms you have stated are not indicative of cancer per say. It seems like you have an infection or allergic throat and gargling with hexidine and anti-allergics should solve the problem. As far as the skin coloured thing lump is concerned, this seems like a tonsillar hypertrophy and lymphnode enlargement because of that. You need not take any thing for that unless you have symptoms of throat infection. Regards