Itchiness in area around thighs. Is it an allergic reaction?

on my thighs, i may begin scratching in an area. and then when i look down at it after scratching awhile, i see that there are pin point red dots in that area and when i slide my finger across that area, it feels different than the rest of my skin. its probably an allergic reaction , but the dots didnt appear until after i scratch. it looks nothing like hives so i know its not that. is there a real name for these little red dots that appear after scratching?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012