Itchiness after taking duleza & felicita for finger numbness, took avil. Normal to have side effects?

I took Duzela 20 and Felicita for 6 sucessive days as per my doctor`s prescription for numbness on 2 finger of my left hand . On the 7th day after taking this pills , I faced excessive itchiness on my body , specifically on my hands. The itchiness was so intense that I experienced pronounced lesions ( not sure what the correct word is ). Ultimately I had to take Avil 25 to reduce the effect. I asked my doctor who advised me to stop taking Duzela and Felicita. My query is that is it common to have such side effects for these 2 pills ?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012