Ischemic stroke patient, stopped Glycomet after stomach pain, have feeling of fear with tension in heart and weakness. Reason?

My father is a ISCHEMIC STROKE patient and used to take Glycomet sr 500 to control his blood sugar . recently, he got stomach pain. aome other doctor suggested to stop taking Glycomet which causes the stomach pain. 15 -20 days after stopping this tablet, recently he is is having different problem. he was saying that he is feeling afraid and tension in heart and he became weak. please suggest what could be the reason
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012