Is wearing a night guard for sleep apnea the best idea because he suffers seizures?

My husband has seizures about once every 6 or 7 months. He seems to only have seizures at night. He also has sleep apnea and wheres a CPAP mask. Recently, he changed mask types, but it started hurting his teeth- so he decided to wear a nightguard, so his teeth and mouth won t hurt. I m not sure wearing a nightguard is the best idea because of his seizures. I am afraid he will chomp down on it and break it. Then he could choke on it. He says I am paranoid. Is my paranoia a normal concerned? Should he wear a nightguard?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012