Is vaginal bleeding side effect of the i-pill ?

having vaginal bleeding Is it the side -effect of the i-pill ? Hi, I took an i-pill after a few days of my having my periods as the protection had failed. Now it must have been more than 5-6 days of me having taken the i-pill. And suddenly I am having vaginal bleeding. This does not seem like a normal period. Is it the side -effect of the i-pill ? This was the second time I had to take it because of the protection failure .
Asked On : Tue, 28 Dec 2010
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
first of all let me alarm you that emergency contraceptive pills have loads of effects on hormones of female ..please please please stay away from it .
let it be for really emergency situation .
don't play with your health. practise some good option of contraception .
yes intermittent bleeding or spotting is the side effect of i pill...if it continues with other symptoms consult your doc
feel free to ask or mail ..