Is ultrasound necessary to confirm pregnancy?

when I go to the doctor what will the doctor do to see I if Iam pregant........................?
Can I ask for an utlrasound when I get there,serious answers please...................
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
you will have to pee in a cup to test your hormone levels, and some docs do a blood test as well. they won't give you an ultrasound until there is something big enough to see (I forget which month, but I think the first one is around 16 weeks or so), or if you are having a problem (ie pain, cramps, etc) good luck (if that's what you want)