Is treating acute psychosis with Loxapine and SSRI a current treatment?

I was diagonized acute psychosis in 2005. Was on chlorpromazine and serenace for a couple of years but since I had 2 relapses I changed doctor who prescribed loxapine succinate 25 mg, paroxetine hydrochloride and nitrosun. Now currently on loxapine 10mg and paroxetine. Is treating acute psychosis with loxapine and SSRI a current treatment? Is there any chance of complete recovery? How is acute psychosis different from schizophernia?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012