Is traveling in bus or train for 9 hours is advisable during trying for pregnancy ?

Is traveling in bus or train for 9 hours is advisable during trying for pregnancy? Now I am trying for pregnancy, 2 days back my ovulation . Is traveling for 9 hours by bus or train is advisable?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Hi Mintrich,

Welcome to HCM.

There is no harm in traveling by bus or train, at present.
At the most you could have conceived two days back. The fertilized egg would be of microscopic size at present and traveling will not disturb it.
However do not undertake unnecessary traveling.
Later in pregnancy avoiding unnecessary traveling is better.
Wish you all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

No issues in travelling.

You need to be cautious once your pregnancy is confirmed.

First 3 moths and last 3 months you need to take precautions either in case of travelling or intercourse.

It does not mean that you are not supposed to, but you should be little careful.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Mintrich;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you are pregnant you need to avoid travel at least in first trimester untill it is dire emergency and if at all you need to travel the most preferable option is only by train and not by bus.Since you are trying for pregnancy it does not make any difference for you and you need to take care only after pregnancy as the ovulation or fertilization will not be disturbed due to travel.
Thanks