Is this possible to increase height at the age of 22?

Hi Doctor, I am 22 year old guy and my height is 5 5 . Is it possible to gain height for me without any side effects of medicines. Will ayurvedic medicines be beneficial?? Or some exercises/ yoga will help?? Or should I drop the idea of increasing my height?? Thanks in anticipation!! Waiting for your reply. Yours Sincerely.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013

Welcome to HCM,
To increase the height after 20 years is not possible.
So claiming from increasing height is nothing but to earn money.
After 20 epiphyses of long bones is fused with long bones so increasing height is not possible.
No medicine from any pathis or any exercise or yoga will help.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
usually gaining of height stops by the age of 18yrs after that the increase in height is minimal,
though you could try doing these,
- playing sports like badminton, do swimming and playing basketball
- eat a healthy diet containing proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- do exercises like stretching neck on both sides as well as up and down to striaghten cervical spine.
hanging on bars
sit and reach exercise will striaghten your back
try these and hope you will increase in height.
hope to have answered your query
take care.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Welcome to the forum.
As per doctors, You CAN grow taller, no matter what your age is. A few methods are listed below.
* Practice exercises like stretching, yoga, swimming and pull-ups. Stretching exercises can add up to three inches of height permanently.
* Play basketball for at least one hour in the evening.
* Shoes or footwear like 'Walk Tall Shoe' or KIMI, the scientifically developed height-increasing device, also have proven to be helpful. This product stimulates the nerve point of your sole to grow taller.
* Amino acids help produce growth hormones, some of them, with proper exercises, may be taken to increase your growth.
* Develop good posture. Do not sit or walk with a hunchback.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Dr Saurabh Gupta.