Is there possibility of my discs be regenerated with Degenerative changes L4/L5 and L5/S1 discs ?

My MRI report is following: Degenerative changes L4/L5 and L5/S1 discs and minimal degree retrolisthesis of L5 over S1 are noted. L4/L5: posterior diffuse disc bulge with annular tear causing minimal mass effect on anterior aspect of cauda equina and with minimal thickening of ligamenta flava causing some lateral recesses narrowing and with minimal compression n the nerve roots more on left side L5/S1: posterior left paracentral disc bulge with annular tear causing minimal mass effect on left anterior aspect of cauda equina and without significant compression on the left nerve root in the left lateral recess. My question: IS it possible that my discs can be regenerated by any chance? Can they regain their fluid (jelly like status)? What precautions should I take ? Will it ever get better or cured? or it will remain the same or get worse in my future life? Can I play , do some sports in this condition? Many thanks for providing answers. best regards, Kashif
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011