Is there any treatment to cure runner's knee other than physical therapy ?

I have been suffering from knee pain for 12 years now, i am 25 years old, and have been told i have runners knee, i used to play alot of sports in high school but i dont play much of any now, i have had several MRI s, X-rays, and bone scans to which have all come back normal. I have done 3 full years of physical therapy , and all that did was cause more pain, and to this day that is all my doctors are suggesting for me to do is more physical therapy, is there any other treatment that can be done, like surgery or anything?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011