Is there any treatment other than surgery for severe constipation in a child ?

Me Naeem Ahmed.My son Mehar Ali age 1 year 6 months has been suffering from severe constipation from his birth.At the age of 6 months some P.Surgeons diagnosed him Hirschsprung after examining the report of Barium enema but they were not so sure about that.They suggested him rectal biopsy .Me and wife didnt wanna go for a surgery and for that purpose we gave much attention to his diet.Like in last summers we gave much mango pulp besides its feedings and he passed stool regurlaly but when he didnt pass it we used micro enema for that pupose.In winters we gave him porridge and pakoras then he passed the stool.In constipation we used micro enema and time passed away.During the last month he had a severe constipation we did our best but all in vain. Even his adomen swelled much.Is there any way out without surgery.Plz help me out.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012