Is there any treatment for Motor neuron diseases ?

my mother is suffering from motor neuron diseases. Now she is not able to talk,walk and eat . Is there any treatment possible ? Her age is 61 yrs.
Asked On : Mon, 2 May 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. because in motor neuron disease there is degeneration of anterior horn cells of the spinal cord, motor nuclei of cranial nerves and the corticospinal and corticobulbar pathways, thus it has a steadily progressive course.
2. It is up to the attending Neurologist to access the motor functions like nutrition-tone and power of muscles and reflexes to determine the prognosis and further management.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Sameer,please get in touch with a neruophysician for the specific treatment.There are various rehabilitation programmes are there for such patients which makes day to day life less problematic.Treatment depends upon the cause and other illness along with
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
Hello Sameer,

The motor neuron diseases (MNDs) are a group of progressive neurological disorders that destroy motor neurons, the cells that control essential voluntary muscle activity such as speaking, walking, breathing, and swallowing.In your mother's case it is very important to ascertain the degree of involvement and damage. Hence a careful examination and history taking details of investigations done, along with the opinion of a neurophysician is important before deciding the scope of homeopathic medicines. Hence it would be better if you can personally visit a Homeopath and discuss the case.