Is there any treatment for Anal Fissure problem without having to undergo surgery ?

Sir, My mom is suffering from severe anal fissure at the moment..She has been suffering for the last 6-8 months..Although my mom went to a doctor occasionaly from past 6 months but the fissure problem is not yet solved.It decreases sometimes but again increases time and time again.Yesterday due to increase in pain my mom went to her doctor.Now the doctor has suggested operation.. What should we do??Should we go with the operation??Is there any remedy where the operation will not be required to cure fissure completely??Is there any risk involved if we go with operation?? Pls suggest !!!! Also kindly give me a diet chart/medicine to decrease the pain?? Thanks in advance...........
Asked On : Sat, 18 Jun 2011