Is there any side effects of atorsave 20?

Dear Doc i head it has to be taken for lifelong and there are many side effects ... is it true . Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for know that any drug can have side effects.In medical science when ever a drug is prescribed risk benefit ratio is taken in to consideration.You know this drugs is prescribed for high cholesterol,and how dangerous it is to left it untreated.Do not worry,please take the drug,the drug well evaluated and taken by millions around the world without any problem.Just keep watch and report to your doctor if you are having any problem.bye.
  Anonymous's Response
thanks for your response doctor .. but i am really worried as after i took this tablet last night .. and after i woke up i am feeling very drowsy / sleepy and my bp has also gone low. After reading your reply only i have dared to take the next dose.

Million thanks in advance
General & Family Physician Dr. Nirmal's  Response
side effect of atorvastatin is headache,flatulence,diarrhoea,nausea,vomiting,anorexia,muscle pain,all this side effect happends in minor cases otherwise safe to use,after taking this medication if u have any kind of problem so contact ur physician