Is there any side effect of hypertension and tachycardia on pregnancy ?

My fiance is currently pregnant. She has history of hypertension and tachycardia . Bp unmedicated was typically 150/100 with 110pulse. It has under control using ace inhibitor (enalapril) and clonidine. Also she has severe insomnia at times. Now that she is pregnant the doctor pulled her off her BP meds and told her to go see the OBGYN . In the mean time her BP & pulse have sky rocketed even higher. Then all of a sudden she is having periods of high BP during work and after. Then at other times it crashes, I've seen 70/50! One day she passed out twice and hit her head. Took her to the ER. BP was very low. They ran blood work and kept her overnight. They didn't have any answers. Now she sees her OBGYN and they just say to keep monitoring it?! She's going to either stroke out have a heart attack before they do anything. She is also complaining of heart pain when it skyrockets. Any ideas? I think she has adrenal fatigue but how to fix it?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Oct 2010