Is there any side effect if I consume alcohol while taking RCinex tablets ?

hi i am taking rcinex tablets for the last one month can i consume alcohol or beer / wine during the treatment of tb my age is 52 and my weight is 69kg
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Hello mahesh;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
No you cannot and should not drink alcohol along with TB medicines.The simple reason is that the medicines of TB contained in Rcinex are hepatotoxic that they can cause disturbance of liver enzymes and alcohol is also a toxic thing for liver so the combined usage of both can cause severe damage to your liver.Also alcohol can reduce the efficacy of the medicines there by disturbing your treatment.