Is there any safer birth control method other than Copper T, pills and condoms ?

hi doctor , i have been using copper T for 4 yrs my doc said i can keep copper t for 5 yrs , i had regular periods and i also gained weight during its time but i dont know what happened this time i had periods for 15 days, i went to the doc she took test weither i was pregnant or not , but i was not pregnant , now my husband is using condom for a month until i have my next periods ,can u tell me what was the reason for 15 days period and should i keep copper t inside me again next month and is there any link of gaining weight with copper t and my husband dont want 2 use condom and i dont want to take pills is there any other safe way for not getting pregnant other than copper t , pills and condoms, thank u
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011