Is there any relation between optic atrophy and pineal cyst ?

I thought I needed glasses as I noticed diminishing vision in my left eye. I have never worn glasses. Upon examination eye doctor sent me to an opthamologist who diagnosed me with optic atrophy (inferior altitudinal visual defect), Two weeks ago I had a MRI that does not reveal MS legions or tumors. I had a MRI three years ago for facial twitching. MRI unremarkable except approx. 7 x 5 mm that my neurologist was not concerned about. I have a follow-up with a nuero opthamologist tomorrow... Could the optic atrophy be related to the pineal cyst, especially if the pineal cyst has grown from 2009 to date? I do not have my radiologist report from the recent MRI.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012