Is there any problem in my blood pressure ratio ?

my systolic pressure is 160-170 and diastolic pressure is 85-90(with medicines),any problem with the ratio ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
hi! yes there is problem, your systolic and diastolic BP both are high,normally 120-130/80 is regular check your BP,also use of salt may be reduse,do exercise,yoga,walking if it remain stil high may having problem of heart,risk of atherosclerosis may devloped,
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Normal blood pressure ratio is 120/80. It looks like your pressure are on higher side..So please measure your pressure regularly for period of 3 days in a relax mood..In the mean time start on salt restricted diet and regular exercise. Even after this if your blood pressure is on higher range than u need to start on antihypertensive medications.
hope this helps.
take care..