Is there any powder to grow tall ?

Hello doctor i am charan and i am 18 years old,i am doing strectching exercises at home and also i am going to gym and i am seeing a good result but wat medicines should i take to grow taller quickly and is there any powder ex:complan etc which can be mixed with milk for growth.pls help me doctor i want to grow taller very quickly.Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Hi Charan,

Welcome to HCM.
Height is genetically determined and not much can be done. If both or one of your parents are tall then you have a possibility of gaining height. You can take calcium sandoz tab. one daily for a month. Eat lots of green fresh vegetables and fruits. Hang and swing from rings hanging down from roof. Do jogging.
Wish you all the best.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi charan!
Welcome to there are no quick fixes for tallness.Mostly it is in your genes and to a certain extent physical activity.You still have 1-2 years before the growth spurt stops .Try playing heavy sport like basketball,volleyball.Have good nutritious diet rich in protein,milk,eggs,lean meat etc..Since you are getting good result .continue with the same.remember drugs have side effects .Incase you wish you can contact a good orthopedic surgeon for surgery,but that has risks.Take care.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Since you are 18 there are little chances to grow your ht as near this age epiphyseal
fusion occurs, at times fusion may be late by one or two years. after fusion long bones
donot grow in lenth.No drugs will help you to grow your Ht what ever help you may
get is out of good nutritious diet and some stretch exercise single bar hanging, cycling
etc may help you. Thanks
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic forum,
no medicine will gelp you to grow taller than what you can as far as your genetic make up is concerned. so dont worry