Is there any permanant treatment for BP?

Hi, I am suffering from BP problem since four yrs . Is there any permanant treatment for BP.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Feb 2010

I'm Daisy Amores a student Nurse from Philippines. I just wanna share to you what I've learned from our school and this hopefully could help with your problem.

As what I have known out from the discussions we had in school, sedentary lifestyle is one of the reasons why most people have problems with their BP. I recommend that you could have regular exercise for at least 30 mins. and eat less fatty foods and eat more vegetables(especially green leafy vegetables) and fruits. And have a good night sleep regularly at least 8 hours. Hope I'd  be able to help lessen your problem. Take care and God bless.

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. R. Rehan Baig's  Response
dear nazim, there is permanent relief from blood pressure, but it is possible only through your active participation. There is no permanent cure from medicines, but there is permanent relief from lifestyle changes like regular physical exercises, good low salt healthy food, lots of bananas and papayas as they are rich in potassium, which keeps your blood pressure under check. for further help, email

Anonymous's Response

no permanent treatment boss, i too was misguided by some hakeem saying that he cures in 1 yr and he was giving me herbs which I took and I had a minor heart attack because of uncontrolled BP. the doctor then told me the medicines are to control the pressure and they are only just life long, :(