is a common skin condition occurring in the sebum rich areas likes the face, upper back, upper chest. Acne could manifest in different forms like comedones, papules, pustules(pus filled) and cystic nodular. The pustular and cystic nodular ones are known to leave behind scars
, excessive use of cosmetics, stress
(The National Institutes of Health (USA) list stress as a factor that "can cause an acne flare.") can cause or aggravate acne.
A few things that needs to be followed-
1) Avoid rubbing your face too hard while washing and wiping (pat dry) as friction leads to the breaking of comedones, which can aggravate.
2) Avoid make up, if you need to use make up go for water based products.
3) Avoid pricking or breaking the acne as it increases the spread.(keep your nails short to avoid accidental pricking)
4) Use a face wash rather than a soap as it prevents drying of skin.
5)Wash your face 2 times/day, or after coming home from outside. Too frequent washing can dry the skin.
6) Drink plenty of water--8-10 glasses
7) Have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and avoid junk food, chocolates etc., as these are not healthy.
8) In case of females---rule out underlying diseases like PCOD and Thyroid
has excellent results in cases of acne by reducing the intensity and frequency of the breakouts and treating the underlying cause.
The products that you use act only on the skin level, thereby not tackling the main underlying cause, which leads to recurrent breakouts.
Visit a nearby homeopath for a detailed case history and treatment as homeopathy would surely help you out !!!