1. depression drives smoking,use of gutkha, any physical or emotional stress?
2. don't quit all of a sudden,which might result in withdrawal symptoms
3. limit caffeine intake (tea,coffee)
4. see a psychiatrist
for proper counselling
5. nicotine patch
and nicotine gum are sold without prescription whereas nicotine spray and inhaler are given with prescription.
6. try to distract yourself from the urge to smoke, keep away from smoking areas,either leave the friend circle, or go out for a walk,keep yourself busy.
7. drink lots of water and non caffeinated drinks.
8. Practising Anulom Vilom (breathing Exercise
) in Ayurveda will surely help you.