Is there any medical reason as to why my result showed there is no pain killer medication in my system inspite of taking the medicines ?

I am a male 34 years and currently going to a pain management doctor for severe pain in my back. I have had two surgeries on my back. Recently they give me a urine test and they said the results came back saying that there was no pain killer medication in my system. I take the medicine every day as prescribed by my doctor and the results should have showed it. Can you tell me if the is any medical reason why my results would come back like that? I drink Mountain Dew and I pee alot, my mom says that maybe that has something to do with it. Please help me because the doctor took me off of the medication because he said it s a state law that he has to do that if it doesn t show up in my urine test. I need the medicine to help get rid of my pain.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011