Is there any exercise which can be done in shoulder locking ?

I had to ask problem faced by my mother whose age is 65. She is suffering from should lock on her left shoulder . She cannot move her left arm properly and if tries to move lot of pains happens to her. This is happening from last two years .. and now its really hurting her. Kindly advise me what type of treatment is available for the above shoulder locking ? what are the medicines or pain killers available ? Is there any exercises which can be done by mother? she is not diabetic and had no previous medical history .
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011