Is there any exercise to get rid of back pain ?

hello i m sw engineer,i generally suffer from back pain . can u plz suggest some exercise which r helpful in such painful condition.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Thanks for query,
As your job is such where you have to sit on computer for hours together.
There is proper way to sit on computer is sit straight and not bending forward which will help to prevent bending of spinal canal causing pain.
Do back extension exercise which will give you relief of pain.
in this exercise,you lying down on chest and knees touch on the ground.
Raise your head and legs upward giving bow type appearance,go upto maximum,keep this position for few seconds and then go on normal position.Do again same way.
Do this type of exercise for about 10 mnt in the morning and evening.
ok and bye.
back pain
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Sidharth's  Response
hi
as ur job is SW engr. u need to sit for long time infront of system..
so need to do some stretching exercises, extension exercises and few free exercises..
but to prescribe specific exercises i need to know the nature, type, location and duration of pain..
u mail me detail i will send u the detail of exercises..
thanks,

Anonymous's Response
hi
thanks,