Is there any effective treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa ?

I m a 23 year old male, caucasian from Norway. Never had any previous diagnoses or health problems. I m reasonably certain I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and have had it for 4-5 years. Boils will form almost exclusively on inner thighs, variying in size from a pea to golf ball. They are puss filled and hard, painful to touch. Scarring seems to be permanent. I ve heard there is no cure or effective treatment, is this true? Would a doctor appointment be a waste of time?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011