Is there any cure for cough and cold ?

dear doctor , i had cold for last few months and now i feel as though cough is stuck in my throat ! The cold i had was watery . I went to the doctor and he gave tablets which cured my cold but my throat feels somewhat stuck with cough. Even the cough is watery but thick . please provide me the solution as i am uncomfortable with this situation of mine .!
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
hi welcome to hcm.first you have to do warm water gargle also took steam which is best home medicine .then if you had these problem off and on then go through homoeopathy which give you permanent cure.
  Anonymous's Response
Dear Vijesh

You are having post infection irritation in throat do the following things
1. Avoid eating cold stuffs like icecreams and cold drinks etc
2. Quit smoking if you are smoker
3. drink plenty of warm fliuds
4. do salt water gargling 3-4 times a day
5. avoid fried food

above things surely will help you
best of luck