Is there any alternate option to remove gall stone other than surgery ?

Hello doctor , I am a 31yrs old male....i had an ultra sound scan recently which showed a gall stone of 6.8mm.....Is there any alternate option to remove the stones rather than surgery ...If not whether there exists any surgery which removes gall stones without removing the gall bladder?Is the gall bladder removal affects a person s health in anyway causing post surgical problems?is there any method to dissolve the gall stone?pls reply me doctor.....
Asked On : Sat, 17 Dec 2011