Is there a side effect for masturbation for a long period? Will it stop the growth?

Hi, i have masturbated 5 times a day since i was 14. i m now 19 years old.. i wanna know what are the side effects of masturbation in this 5 years? dose it have effect i m 165cm now. i f i didn t masturbate i would be taller. By mastrubating i think my growth has been stopped. how can i avoid it and have a nice growth?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Just to psycho educate you I would like to tell you that masturbation is a safe practice. It has no deleterious effects on health at all. Most of the males and females masturbate some times in their life. It is safe habit to get self gratification. It is not a cause of poor height growth.
Height is determined by genetic factors, nutrition, general activity etc factors. Masturbation don't cause decreed growth. But frequency of 5 times a day is high and it should be less in number because it may lead to impairment in your social, personal and occupational functioning. Try to divert your attention by Relaxation methods as Breathing Exercises, Progressive Muscle Relaxation Techniques etc.
Spend your time of the day in watching good channels on TV, reading good books, by exercising daily.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD