Is there a problem with a blood pressure of 86/58 ?

My blood pressure is 86/58 what s that means please...
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!
The blood pressure reading of yours is lower than normal it would be better you get yourself evaluated by a doctor for the same. As it could lead to fatigue, fainting and other things. This is called hypotension. You should drink lot of fluids and get your blood Haemoglobin checked along with serum sodium levels. You can take a higher than normal salt diet for a while too.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
BLood pressure is measured by ratio of Systolic pressure/Diastolic pressure
Systolic :The top number, which is also the higher of the two numbers, measures the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats (when the heart muscle contracts).
Diastolic :The bottom number, which is also the lower of the two numbers, measures the pressure in the arteries between heartbeats (when the heart muscle is resting between beats and refilling with blood).
Normally blood pressure is 120/80mmhg
Now your blood pressure is lower than normal please consult your doctor