Is there a central nerve in the chest that can cause tremendous pain ?

Is there a central nerve in the chest that can cause tremendous pain so much to make me think i ve had a heart attack , left arm went numb at the same time i was breathing really shallowly because of the pain? I went to the hospital they did two ECG s which came back normal. Still getting slight pains there get light head quite a lot see black/white dots. There is a huge history of heart complaints in my family on my Mothers side lost 22 relatives in two years all under the age of forty of sudden cardiac arrests etc. I m 31 a bit worried as the same hospital failed to diagnose my friend who died this year at 32 of a heart condition misdiagnosed me of having broken/crumbled ribs. Don t want to go back there as i don t want to bother them again my GP is useless. I don t think i m anxious. I came on about 6am, woke me up, felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest the pain radiated across my chest down my shoulder a little way down my left arm.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009