Is their any way to prevent large size blood clots during your menstrual cycle ?

I am 22 yrs old, my last period was April and the last week of June I got my period or what I thought was my period because as of today July 5th I am still on, however this has been like none I have every had before. My flow has been heavier than ususal and everytime I go to wipe myself there are large sized blood clots in each wipe. I am not in any pain, no cramps, no pains in my side, no pain in my recectum, and I dont have diarrhea and i m not constipated...what s wrong
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011