Is the home pregnancy test accurate ?

My daughter s first delivery was on July 19th 2011. Now baby is 6 months. Period last come 3 months before. So today I have tested the pregnancy using home pregnancy test kit and result was positive(Two lines). I want to know, is it accurate? is the test positive due to previous pregnancy?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jan 2012

your menses after the delivery of baby. and no mensturationNow your menses is stop . it may be pregnancy get USG done if you dont want the baby you can go For MTP which is done within 3 month. thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Her test is called positive.there is no any relation with previous pregnancy.
You can also confirm by blood investigation and USG.
Consult your gynecologist for further guidance.

welcome to this wonderful site for health and wellness
as u told your daughter is missing periods from last 3 months and now strip test is means there are pregnancy can confirm pregnancy by ultrasonically or beta HCG test[blood sample]. then your daughter need to decide whether they want this baby or not.