Is the color of inner lips of vagina black in small children ?

My great niece was born premature at 2 pounds 8 onces and now she is a healthy 15 pounds but when I was wiping her vagina while bathing her, I noticed that the inside of the inner lips of her vagina are blackish in colour. Is that normal? Her mom says the doctors say it is. I have never ever seen such a thing before and I am very worried.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Yes this is very normal. Everyone's inner lips are different from size to color. There not all the same.