Is the 7 day break after consuming contraceptive pills for 21days compulsory ?

I have recently gone back on the pill and been taking it accordingly for the last couple of months, however, this time around i did not take my 7 day break and just started on my next packet. I have taken 4 pills of my next packet. Should I stop and have my 7day break now and then carry on with the rules of 21days pills/7day break or should i finish the pack and then go back to following the rules on the packet after this one. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011