Is testosterone responsible for growth ?

Sir i m 19 years old , i want to increase my height ??? does testesterone increses the height ??? doing gym increases the height ???
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
hello and welcome to healthcare forum manohar.
At your age testostaron will have no effect on height as long bone epiphysial fusion has been completed. Exercise can increase muscle mass but has on effect on bony growth.
I hope i have answered your queries.
Eat healthy and remain fit.Best wishes for your health.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello manohar,
welcome to HCM.
height growth depends upon the genetics of individual.if your parents are of short height then there is more chance that u will also have short height.
but you can improve it by some excercises like hanging,leg kick excercise, stretching excercise.
yoga is very helpful. practice it regularly
dont take any medication for it. it may harm your body.
take proper nutrition like more proteins like egg, meat, sprouts, milk etc
take good sleep
take care