Is taking doxycycline causes stabbing pain in stomach ?

hi..why is it i experienced stabbing pain in my stomach when i took doxycycline? when i stopped taking it, the pain went something wrong with me?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
with doxycycline you should have taken antacid also so that you had not faced this stabbing pain
doxycycline is capable of producing gastritis if taken on empty stomach or without antacid
if you are not facing any pain now then nothing to worry at all those were just medicinal induced symptoms only

hope you got your query solved
for more queries
visit -
call- +91 98254 44736
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Doxycycline is very safe drug.Normally any drug can produce gastric discomfort but doxycycline is well tolerated drug.Again the response to any drug is highly individual.I will advise you to look for other reasons for this other then durg.
You can alwasy talk to your doctor about this.
wishing you good health.