Is surgery the only solution for grade 3 VUR ?

is surgery must for grade 3 VUR with normal DMSA&no hydronephrosis?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Urologist 's  Response
Grade 3 VUR in a child if present on one side only maybe managed without surgery and sometimes gets corrected with age. However a regular follow-up is necessary. It is importanrt for you to contact your local urologist and verify whether your child meets all the criteria for conservative management.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Grade three VUR can lead to infection & hydronephrosis.Please consult good urologist.Disclaimer
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response
What is the age of the child? How many years of conservative trial has been given and you need to tell how his growth has been