Is surgery the best option for fluid build up on knee ?

I fell and now I have a build up of fluid on my knee. Had it drained 3 times. My Doctor says surgery next, what causes the fluid build up. Should I just keep having it drained or have surgery . He says he would clean it it out,but will that stop the fluid build up.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Sep 2013

I have studied your case.

You need to diagnose reason for persistent knee effusion.
There is possibility of small intra-articular fracture leading to persistent knee effusion.
If cause is treated surgery may not be required.
If it is pre patellar effusion then surgery may help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.