Is stress associated with scleritis and flare ups? Taking medication for hypertension and SLE. Sore eye, redness

Is stress associated with Scleritis and flare ups? I am on medications for hypertension and SLE . Have been on Prednisolone for about 3 months and recently reduced and completely stopped the Prednisolone due to improvement and no soreness for last 3 weeks. As soon as I m back at work on my 3rd week I noticed my left eye feels sore again and red. I don t want to go back on Prednisolone because I felt swelling and weight gain abnormally and felt uncomfortable. Currently on 400mg Plaquenil daily and 25mg Methotrexate once a week. I m always feeling anxious and a perfectionist so tend to be hard on myself. Since my diagnosis of SLE, I ve requested to work from home which my manager has allowed twice a week. But the nature of my job is still stressful and sometimes hard to make my manager understand when I m experience pain but look fine on the outlook..I don t know what to do as I don t wish to add anymore strong dosage or more medications with side effects. Do I really need to change jobs ?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013