Is spotting normal in pregnancy ?

Hi, I am 14 weeks 3 days pregnant . I had bleeding on this saturday. I had to change my inners twice. I contacted my doctor and she gave me stoppend for a night and again on sunday i had spoting...then she told us to do sonography. reports are normal ..even placenta position is ok with maturity grade I. Babys growth , hertbeat also ok. But again from sunday i am having just a spoting every also, Pls let me know why is this this normal..??. I have no pain in my abd.... Pls hel me out....i am having complet rest ...still....why is this happening....I am getting tense...Pls help me.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Hi Sagar, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You haven't mentioned whether the spotting is pink, brown, red or passing with clots, the bleeding in second trimester is usually due to Placental abnormalities or if there is a risk of Premature Labor. Kindly don't worry as your Sonography reports are normal and they don't suggest any pathology. See your Doctor immediately if you happen to develop, severe abdominal pain, fever, abnormal vaginal discharge, dizziness or fainting. Get adequate rest and avoid stress. Go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Best, Take Care.