Is sore palate can be a result of post nasal drip?

Can a sore palate be a result of post nasal drip. pseudophed helps.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jun 2010
I have an extremely sore palate at the roof of my mouth. It is irritated & aggrevated by hot food and salt. I've had two teeth extracted this week and have been told to use hot salty water to aid the healing process, i can't do this as the pain is excruciating and salt aggrevates even more. I also have a cold sore on my lip. What do you think is the cause of the sore palate at the roof of my mouth & are there any home remedies or cures or something i can buy over the counter?
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Dee,
sore palat or throat can be due to post nasal dripping, but there are many more causes also like viral infection, bacterial infections, take pseudoephidrine and also do lukewarm salt water gargling, consult ENT specialist if it persist/
  Anonymous's Response
i have a extremely sore palate which is aggrevated more by salt. I've also had two teeth extracted this week & need to use hot salt water but can't as it causes too much pain. I must mention that i have a cold sore too on my lip. What could this be?