Is slightly dilated left atrium a serious ailment & is that the reason why sometimes my chest feels heavy while/after I smoke ?

Hello, 1m 25 y/o, male and i am smoking for 7 years. Ive had chest pains and shortness of breath for about a month now. I had chest xray, 2-d echo, ecg and stress test and the results were all negative though my 2-d echo states that I have a slightly dilated left atrium . My doctor prescribed Vastarel MD 35mg twice a day. I do feel better now but there are times when i smoke that my lungs would feel heavy but there are times when it feels normal. Is slightly dilated left atrium a serious ailment ? is that the reason why sometimes my chest feels heavy while/after I smoke ? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011